Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

Once upon a time, long long ago, Labor Day weekend meant finishing up all the canning and grandma and Ben's birthday picnic at my aunt and uncle's beach house on Fox Island. All to quickly it became just canning as we lost our old ones. Then it was the final prep to get the older kids ready for school. All to soon they were all off to school and I went back to work for the district. Now it is all about cleaning and finishing those summer projects. You know those infamous summer projects that we all schedule because the days seem to last forever. So we spend this weekend scubbing the kitchen, cupboards, pantry, drawers and all and it really does look good and I can find everything. The fall grocery list is made cause I cleaned and reorganized the pantry yet again. Then because I'm cold I sorted out the long pants and put away a few pairs of summer shoes. Just a few pair. I don't like wearing shoes. I will postpone that as long as possible. It wasn't a weekend at the beach, but it was fun in its own way to get the list knocked down. It is still very long and as lists go I have added a few more things. We even marked a 10x10 foot square on the shop floor so I can plan my booth at the Funky Junk Show in October. Here is where my sanity is in question for we are doing 2 shows on the same weekend. The Crossroads Doll and Bear Show and The Junk Salvation. Fortunately they are maybe 5 miles apart and I have a terrific honey who will work one show. I will have the master plan and schedule to end all schedules and we all know what happens to the best laid plans. It is a good thing life is an adventure and not meant to be boring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment